Friday, January 29, 2010

A Sweet Escape

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


The sound, the feeling, the release, the energy.
When I write music, a whole new world seems to unfold right in front of me; anything is possible and I can express myself freely. I am creating a beautiful melody to satisfy the hearts, souls, minds, and ears of others as well as myself. Others can relate to the situations and hopefully look to my music for inspiration, or a sweet escape. I've been writing music for about ten years now. Since I first began writing, it's been a passion. In recent years, I have written many songs consistently. The more I made, the easier it became to convey how I felt through simple lyrics juxtaposed with sounds harvested from the far reaches of my alternate musical universe. Finally, I sat back and listened to everything I had feverishly created over the past years, and I was happy. I realized I had discovered more about myself when I was just listening and creating music than from anything else. And for every minute of song that passed through my head, I was reminded of that realization, and it felt special. As a musician, I see things through a different spectrum than most people. I see the art in life, the color, the different dimensions to everything. The positives are usually more positive, and the negatives are more negative. Music is a blessing to everyone, and I believe that it is one of the gears that make the world spin. Without it, life would be so dull. While we enjoy music everyday, we don't think about this. However, we listen to music regularly because it is an integral part of our earth's rhythms; it heals, and helps us feel and cope. So, the next time you listen to music, think of it as a gift that you partake of at any time and can have with you always.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alysa,
    I feel exactly the same way about music so its good to meet someone who understands. Keep up the expression n make music.

    ReplyDelete